- 33rd International Conference
- 33rd International Conference Sessions
- 33rd International Conference Presenters
- The Bertrand Russell Distinguished Scholars Critical Thinking Conversations
- 33rd International Conference Concurrent Presenters
- 33rd International Conference - Fees & Registration
- 33rd International Conference - Hotel Information
- Visiting UC Berkeley
- 33rd International Conference - Academic Credit Information
- 33rd International Conference Flyer
- 33rd International Conference - Schedule
- Conference FAQs
- Calendar of Events
- WORKSHOP ARCHIVES
- Spring Workshop 2012
- 2012 Spring Workshop Strands
- 2012 Spring Workshop Flier
- Team of Presenters
- 2011 Spring Workshop
- 2011 Spring Workshop Hotel Info
- Spring 2010 Workshop Strands
- 2009 Spring Workshops on Critical Thinking
- 2008 SPRING Workshops and Seminars on Critical Thinking
- 2008 Ethical Reasoning Workshop
- 2008 - On Richard Paul's Teaching Design
- 2008 Engineering Reasoning Workshop
- 2008 Academia sobre Formulando Preguntas Esenciales
- 2007 National Academy on Critical Thinking Testing and Assessment
- ACADEMY ARCHIVES
- 2nd International Academy on Critical Thinking (Oxford 2008)
- 2006 Cambridge Academy Daily Schedule
- 2006 Cambridge Academy (archived)
- 2006 Cambridge Academy Theme
- 2006 Cambridge Academy Sessions
- Accommodations at St. John's College
- 2006 Cambridge Academy (archived)
- Directions to New College, Oxford
- CONFERENCE ARCHIVES
- 32nd Annual Conference
- 32nd Annual Conference Sessions
- 32nd Conference Program
- 32nd Annual Conference Presenter Information
- The Bertrand Russell Distinguished Scholars Critical Thinking Lecture Series
- 32nd Annual Conference Fees/ Registration
- 32nd Annual Conference Hotel
- 32nd Annual Conference Concurrent Presenters
- Visiting UC Berkeley
- 32nd Annual Conference Academic Credit
- Conference FAQs
- 32nd Conference Schedule and Brochure
- 31st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- 31st Conference Sessions
- Comments about previous conferences
- Register Now for 31st International Conference
- Conference Hotel (2011)
- Conference Presenters
- 31st Concurrent Presenters
- Academic Credit
- Visiting UC Berkeley (at the conference)
- Registration Fees
- 31st International Conference
- 30th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CRITICAL THINKING
- 30th International Conference Theme
- 30th Conference Sessions
- PreConference Sessions
- 30th Concurrent Presenters
- 30th Conference Presuppositions
- 30th Annual Conference: Video
- Conference Hotel (2010)
- Double Tree Berkeley Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn
- 30th International Conference
- 29th International Conference
- 29th Conference Theme
- 29th Conference Sessions
- 29th Preconference Sessions
- 29th Conference Concurrent Sessions
- 2008 Conference Sessions (28th Intl. Conference)
- 2008 Preconference Sessions (28th Intl. Conference)
- 2008 International Conference on Critical Thinking
- 2008 Conference Theme: The Art of Teaching for Intellectual Engagement
- 2007 Conference Theme and sessions
- 2007 Conference on Critical Thinking (Main Page)
- 2007 Pre-Conference Workshops
- 2006 Annual International Conference (archived)
- 2006 International Conference Sessions
- 2006 International Conference Theme
- 2006 International Pre-Conference Sessions
- 2005 Preconference (Archived)
- 2005 International Conference (archived)
- 2005 Conference Theme (archived)
- Prior Conference Programs (Pre 2000)
Translate this page from English...
*Machine translated pages not guaranteed for accuracy.
Click Here for our professional translations.
Conference 2012 Hotel Information
The Claremont Hotel Club and Spa
The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa mixes a rich history with modern amenities, award-winning cuisine, live entertainment and stately accommodations, with unforgettable views of the San Francisco Bay. An urban oasis - near the city, nestled in the Berkeley Hills - the Claremont lets you get away from it all without being too far away from anything.
Rates and Reservations for the Claremont
Hotel Registration is NOT included in your Conference registration.
Please reserve your rooms directly with the Claremont Hotel, see below for information.
Our Block Rate is $165 per night.
Please reserve with the hotel directly and ask for our Conference Block Rates.
Call 800-551-7266 or email email@example.com
- The Claremont Resort is pleased to offer the Discounted Group Rate of $165 per room, per night
- Ask for the "Foundation for Critical Thinking Room Block" when reserving your room. Please reserve by telephone or email, not online, to get our block room rate.
- Our Conference Group Rate is available until June 28, 2012. Please register early to ensure availability.
- The Claremont has waived their daily "resort charge" of $24 for guests of the Conference. Included in the resort amenities is high speed internet access in guestrooms, complimentary use of computers and internet in the Business Center, access to the Club/ Fitness Center and all fitness classes, outdoor swimming pool, newspaper delivery and in-room coffee.
- The Claremont is offering a specially reduced parking fee of $5.00 per day for guests of the Conference.
- Conference guests in the hotel block will also receive a 10% discount on hotel restaurants.
Conference Hotel Information
Claremont Resort & Spa
41 Tunnel Road
Berkeley, CA 94705
The Claremont Resort & Spa is a historic hotel located at the foot of Claremont Canyon in the Berkeley Hills, providing the resort with scenic views of San Francisco Bay. The Claremont currently has 279 guest rooms, award-winning 20,000-square-foot (1,900 m2) spa, 10 tennis courts, and 22 acres (89,000 m2) of landscaped gardens. Romantic stories tell that it was once won in a checkers game.
The Claremont Resort & Spa is10-15 minutes walking distance to College Ave., where there is a variety of restaurants, shops, and a movie theatre.
Whether business or pleasure brings you to this iconic San Francisco Bay Area Hotel, be assured: The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa is the ultimate urban oasis. Blending modern amenities with an aura of mystique, the property has defined a destination for generations. Come, be our guest in the warm and welcoming world of Claremont. The experience will stay with you forever.
At the Claremont when we ask, "How do you like your room?" we really mean your room. We have 279 guest rooms, and no two are exactly alike. Enhanced by our many recent renovations, each guest room offers a touch of old world charm and casual California elegance. Decorated with luxury and comfort you can sink into for a peaceful, relaxing retreat. Many guest rooms feature extraordinary views of the San Francisco Bay.
Much more than just a treatment, a visit to Spa Claremont includes pre-spa amenities such as the steam room, jacuzzi, and lounge, to melt away stress. Choose from ancient healing arts like acupuncture, the latest skin care treatments and many other healing modalities. We have just what you need to heal your body, relax your mind and renew your spirit. Restore your Self at Spa Claremont, named one of the nation's best. And experience the way to wellness.
Dining at the Claremont
The Claremont is offering Critical Thinking Conference guests a 10% discount at its restaurants (food purchases only) during the event. Choose between our new signature restaurant, Meritage at The Claremont, or the ultra hip oasis Paragon Bar & Cafe. In order to serve the very best, our Chefs make frequent trips to local farmers markets for inspiration. Immerse yourself in an atmosphere filled with live music, impeccable service and attention to detail. Indulge your senses with our ever-changing menus while feasting your eyes on spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay and skyline.
Club & Fitness
On 22-acres full of fun, like Kids' Club day camp, a three-pool aquatic facility, ten tennis courts, yoga, a newly renovated fitness center, Spa Claremont, concerts, and art festivals, even the choosiest family member will be happy. Membership includes VIP privileges and discounts for dining, accommodations, salon and spa. With so many options, family members might want to do their own thing. Plan to meet up later by the pool. Or share your adventures over the perfect family dinner.
Driving Directions to the Claremont
If you are planning to rent a car, or driving from a nearby location, please see directions below.
Go straight out of the airport on Airport Blvd. Turn right on Hegenberger Road. From Hegenberger follow signs for 880 North. From Hwy 880 North, follow signs for Hwy 24 to Walnut Creek. Take the Claremont Avenue exit, turning left at the bottom of the exit onto Claremont. Turn right on Ashby Avenue (5th stoplight) and the Hotel's entrance is two blocks ahead on the left.
San Francisco Airport
Follow signs for Hwy 101 North to San Francisco, take Hwy 80 East to the Bay Bridge to Oakland. Cross Bay Bridge on Hwy 80, follow to 580 East, and exit onto HWY 24 to Berkeley/Walnut Creek. Take the Claremont Avenue exit, turning left at the bottom of the exit onto Claremont. Turn right on Ashby Avenue (5th stoplight) and the Hotel's entrance is two blocks ahead on the left.
Follow Hwy 84 East over bridge, connect with 880 North. Follow Hwy 880 North and follow signs for Hwy 24 to Walnut Creek. Take the Claremont Avenue exit, turning left at the bottom of the exit onto Claremont. Turn right on Ashby Avenue (5th stoplight) and the Hotel's entrance is two blocks ahead on the left.
San Mateo Bridge
Take Hwy 92 East over bridge, connect with Hwy 880 North. From Hwy 880 North, follow signs for Hwy 24 to Walnut Creek. Take the Claremont Avenue exit, turning left at the bottom of the exit onto Claremont. Turn right on Ashby Avenue (5th stoplight) and the Hotel's entrance is two blocks ahead on the left.
East Bay Direction Heading West on HWY 580
Follow Hwy 13 North (the Warren Freeway to Berkeley). Continue toward Berkeley through the stoplight and the Hotel's entrance is 3/4 mile on the right.
South Direction Heading North on HWY 680
Take Hwy 680 North to Hwy 580 West. Follow Hwy 13 North (the Warren Freeway to Berkeley). Continue toward Berkeley through the stoplight and the Hotel's entrance is 3/4 mile on the right.
Northeast Direction Heading Southwest On Hwy 680
Take Hwy 680 South to Hwy 24 West. Follow Hwy 24 through the Caldecott Tunnel and take Hwy 13 Berkeley exit. Proceed straight through traffic light. Hotel entrance is 3/4 mile on the right.
Southeast Heading Northwest on HWY 680 or Above HWY 580
Take Hwy 680 to Hwy 24 West. Follow Hwy 24 West through the Caldecott Tunnel and take Hwy 13 Berkeley exit. Proceed straight through traffic light. Hotel entrance is 3/4 mile on the right.
West Direction Heading East On 80 Across The Bay Bridge
Cross Bay Bridge on Hwy 80, follow to 580 East, and exit onto HWY 24 to Berkeley/Walnut Creek. Take the Claremont Avenue exit, turning left at the bottom of the exit onto Claremont. Turn right on Ashby Avenue (5th stoplight) and the Hotel's entrance is two blocks ahead on the left.
West Direction Heading East Over Richmond Bridge
Take Hwy 580 East over bridge to Hwy 80 West. Take the Ashby Avenue exit. Follow Ashby up about three miles to the Hotel entrance on your left.
Public Transportation and Shuttles
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Rockridge Station
The nearest BART station is RockRidge Bart Station which is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.
Taxis are at standby from the BART Station to the hotel; charge is about $10.00.
1.3 miles to The Claremont Hotel Club & Spa. Start out going north on College Avenue toward Keith Avenue. Turn right onto Claremont Avenue and right again onto Tunnel Road. The Claremont, 41 Tunnel Road is on the left.
To / From San Francisco International Airport