1. Focal Session Selection
Please log into your criticalthinking.org account at your earliest convenience, check that your Focal Sessions are selected, and make sure you have selected the Focal Sessions you would like to attend. It is essential to pre-select these sessions so we have an accurate count of participants for room assignments. While at the conference, please attend only the sessions you have registered for. To ask whether you can change sessions during the conference, please see Dr. Linda Elder or Dr. Gerald Nosich in advance.
When checking in at the conference, you will receive a packet of all relevant information, the publications you'll be using during your sessions, a physical copy of the Conference Program and Proceedings, a pen and notepad, and a tote bag to carry everything in. In your packet, you will find an area map, information about the conference, the Focal Sessions for which you are registered and the rooms in which they will take place, and general information about the Foundation for Critical Thinking. Please take time to review the packet when you receive it , as it will contain much valuable information.
All registration fees should be received by us prior to the conference. Anyone attempting to pay at the door will need special permission to do this from us in advance. A signed purchase order from qualifying institutions (e.g. accredited schools, military or government offices, etc.) is an acceptable substitute for pre-payment, as long as we receive the P.O. before the conference.
Coffee and tea will be available in the morning and afternoon, with fresh water in all meeting rooms throughout each day.
The Sales and Information Area will be located in [TBA]. During breaks, lunch, and for one hour after each day's sessions, this area will be open for conference attendees to ask questions or request assistance. Also, a number of our materials and publications will be available for sale here. Please note that FCT staff will not be available to fulfill unreasonable requests , such as running errands on behalf of attendees. Please also note that hotel-related issues, such as complaints about your hotel room, should be raised with hotel staff only; FCT staff will not be able to assist with hotel-related issues.
Attendees will be on their own for lunch. There is a restaurant at the hotel with locally-grown and raised meal options, as well as room service. There are also several eateries within walking distance of the hotel, including Mary's Pizza Shack, Hana Japanese restaurant, and Bear Republic Brewing Co.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What airport should I fly into?
For airport information, including ground transportation options, please see these links:
2. How can I get to the hotel from the airport?
If you prefer to rent a car, all of the above airports have car rental services available. There are also car rental services available in the city of Rohnert Park. For directions to the hotel from the above airports, click here.
3. What should I wear?
4. Where else can I stay besides the DoubleTree Hotel?
5. Can I purchase the PowerPoint presentations?
6. Can I have a list of all conference participants?
7. How do the Concurrent Sessions work?
8. How can I get academic credit for participation in the conference?
9. What is the closing session?
10. Does the Foundation for Critical Thinking offer on-site or remote professional development programs in critical thinking?
11. How can my institution overcome the financial burden of a professional development program in critical thinking?
12. How can I establish an official affiliation with the Foundation for Critical Thinking?
13. How can I gain access to a library of articles on critical thinking?
14. How can I get information on assessment regarding critical thinking?
15. What is your policy on canceling my registration?
| || |