News and Events
Join us for ... The World's Longest Running Annual Conference on Critical Thinking
- Teaching Students to Think Within a Field or Discipline
- Critical Thinking and the Common Core Standards
- Using the Tools of Critical Thinking to Teach Students How to Study and Learn
- Dialogues with Richard Paul
- Teaching Students Fundamental and Powerful Concepts
- For Administrators: Understanding the Long-Term Nature of Professional Development in Critical Thinking
Read more »
Thinker's Guide Series
Our Mission and Memberships
The Foundation and Center for Critical Thinking aim to improve education in colleges, universities and primary through secondary schools. We present publications, conferences, workshops and professional development programs, emphasizing instructional strategies, Socratic questioning, critical reading and writing, higher order thinking, assessment, research, quality enhancement, and competency standards.
What We Believe
he critical habit of thought, if usual in society, will pervade all
its mores, because it is a way of taking up the problems of life.
Men educated in it cannot be stampeded by stump orators...they are slow to believe. They can hold things as possible or probable in all...
Read more »
~ William Graham Sumner, Folkways, 1906
ritical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to
meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness
to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.
~ Francis Bacon (1605)