|Files available for download »|| |
1. Focal Session Selection Please log into your criticalthinking.org account at your earliest convenience, check that your Focal Sessions are selected, and make sure you have selected the Focal Sessions you would like to attend. It is essential to pre-select these sessions so we have an accurate count of participants for room assignments. While at the conference, please attend only the sessions you have registered for.
2. Checking in at the Pre-Conference - Wednesday Morning The Pre-Conference check-in period will be on January 22 from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. at Compton Gardens and Conference Center, where your materials will be ready for you. Simply provide your name, and you will be given everything you need.
3. Checking in at the Main Conference - Thursday Morning The Main Conference check-in period will be on January 23 from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. in the Main Gallery at 21C Museum Hotel, where your materials will be ready for you. Simply provide your name, and you will be given everything you need. Participants who checked in for the Pre-Conference on Wednesday do not need to check in again for the Main Conference.
All registration fees should be received by us prior to the conference. Anyone wishing to pay on-site will need special permission from us in advance. A signed purchase order from qualifying institutions (e.g. accredited schools, military or government offices, etc.) is an acceptable substitute for pre-payment, as long as we receive the P.O. before the conference.
6. Refreshments Coffee, tea, water, and snacks will be available during breaks. The locations of these refreshments will vary by day; please see below for tentative details. (These are subject to change, but all participants will be given an up-to-date printout upon arrival.)
Wednesday, January 22
Thursday, January 23
Friday, January 24
Saturday, January 25
Sunday, January 26
Attendees will be on their own for lunch.
7. Evening Social There will be an evening social on Friday, July 24th from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. at the Meteor Gallery. The social will feature live music and a silent auction, and is free for all conference attendees. Tickets will be purchasable for members of the general public who wish to attend.
There is no dress code for the social; please wear whatever is comfortable for you.
7. Help AreaWe plan to maintain a Help Area at Compton Gardens and Conference Center, where attendees can seek assistance and ask questions of FCT staff, from July 22-25 (Wednesday through Saturday).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What airport should I fly into?The nearest Airport is Northwest Arkansas National Airport.
2. How can I get to the campus from the airport?Please review our Travel and Lodging Page .
3. What should I wear?We advise all attendees to bring light, comfortable clothing for walking between sessions and to lunch. (Formal attire is not encouraged.) Summer weather in Bentonville can vary, with July highs ranging from the low 70s to the low 90s Fahrenheit, but it is nearly always very humid in the daytime. The venue interiors will be air-conditioned, so we advise having long-sleeved garments at hand as well.
Lastly, we advise attendees to bring comfortable walking shoes. These will be useful for walking between venues, and because there are many restaurants open for lunch within walking distance.
4. Where can I stay while I'm in Bentonville?Please review our Travel and Lodging Page.
6. How do the Concurrent Sessions work?All Concurrent Sessions will be held on Saturday, July 25. For each Concurrent time slot, there will be several sessions to choose from. Information about each Concurrent Session will be available in the conference program, which you will receive when you check in on the first day. Please review these descriptions at the conference so you can attend whichever Concurrent Sessions are most relevant to you.
7. What is the closing session?This is a time for everyone to come together on the last day, to process what we have learned at the conference, and to think about next steps for moving forward. This session will be led by Drs. Linda Elder and Gerald Nosich, with input from our Visiting Scholars as well.
8. Does the Foundation for Critical Thinking offer on-site or remote professional development programs in critical thinking?Yes, both. You will receive a basic proposal regarding professional development in your registration packet, which explains our programs. Information is also available on our website here .
To communicate with us about our professional development programs, please email Ms. Lisa Sabend firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. What is your policy on canceling my registration?For refunds, all cancellations must be received in writing no later than one month prior to the scheduled event. A $50.00 per person processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. Phone cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellations may be received via fax, email, or regular mail. It is up to the registrant to confirm receipt of the cancellation request. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after the deadline. In the event of such cancellations, the Foundation for Critical Thinking may offer a voucher for attendance at another Foundation for Critical Thinking event at its sole discretion. Additional fees may be required to redeem the voucher if it is used for an event with a higher registration fee than the event for which the voucher was issued. Substitutions for persons attending can be made up to two weeks in advance without charge. In the event of circumstances beyond its control, the Foundation for Critical Thinking reserves the right to amend or cancel any event. The Foundation For Critical Thinking is not liable for any expense incurred by participants as a result of cancellation.
10. Why are some of the sessions being recorded?
permanently document the sessions for the Foundation for Critical Thinking
archives, (2) to create video footage from the sessions for our website, and (3)
to provide video clips for educational purposes.
11. I'm an approved presenter and want to bring handouts. Where can I make copies?