St John's College is set on the backs of the River Cam in one of the most beautiful sites in the city of Cambridge. A combination of the traditional and the modern, the 16th and 17th century courts, the renowned Bridge of Sighs, the 19th century Gothic New Court and the 20th century Cripps and Fisher Buildings.
The College was founded in 1511 by the last will and testament of Lady Margaret of Beaufort, mother of Henry VII, on the original mediaeval site of the hospital of St John. The buildings have been added to steadily over the years. Outstanding features include the Dining Hall with its 16th century hammerbeam roof and fine old linen-fold panelling and the Chapel built by George Gilbert Scott in the Victorian Gothic style.
St John's College is one of the largest University's residential colleges. The serene atmosphere of the ancient courts is complimented by the comfort, spaciousness and convenience of its modern accommodation. The Fisher Building, opened in 1998, has several meeting rooms and a large 250 seat lecture theatre all of which are equipped with the very latest audio visual technology.
For information about the University of Cambridge, visit: https://www.cam.ac.uk/
For information on Cambridge, England, see the links at the following website: https://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/cambridgeuk/