We recommend keeping this map open in your browser (or printed and at hand) while reviewing the Announcements and FAQ below:
|Files available for download »|| |
1. Focal Session Selection Please log into your criticalthinking.org account at your earliest convenience, check that your Focal Sessions are selected, and make sure you have selected the Focal Sessions you would like to attend. It is essential to pre-select these sessions so we have an accurate count of participants for room assignments. While at the conference, please attend only the sessions you have registered for.
2. Checking in at the Conference - Tuesday Morning The conference check-in period will be from 7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. in the in the reception hall of the AP Auditoria (Parkstraat 51), where your materials will be ready for you. Simply provide your name, and you will be given everything you need.
All registration fees should be received by us prior to the conference. Anyone attempting to pay on-site will need special permission to do this from us in advance. A signed purchase order from qualifying institutions (e.g. accredited schools, military or government offices, etc.) is an acceptable substitute for pre-payment, as long as we receive the P.O. before the conference.
5. Refreshments Coffee, tea, and fresh water will be available during breaks in the reception hall of the AP Auditoria.
Attendees will be on their own for lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What airport should I fly into?The nearest Airport to KU Leuven is Brussels Airport in Zaventem, Belgium. You can book your flight directly through the Brussels Airport website .
2. How can I get to the campus from the airport?Please review our Travel and Lodging Page .
3. What should I wear?Attendees generally dress casually – everything from jeans and t-shirts to 'business casual.' We recommend dressing to be as comfortable as possible. We also strongly suggest bringing comfortable walking shoes, as conference sessions will be conducted all over the campus. Finally, the June weather in Leuven is typically mild, but we recommend checking the weather forecast before arriving.
4. Where can I stay while I'm in Leuven?Please review our Travel and Lodging Page .
6. How do the Concurrent Sessions work?All Concurrent Sessions will be held on Thursday. For each Concurrent time slot, there will be several sessions to choose from. Information about each Concurrent Session will be available in the Conference Program and Proceedings , which you will receive when you check in on the first day. Please review the descriptions so you can attend whichever Concurrent Sessions most relevant to you.
7. What is the closing session?This is a time for all registrants to come together on the last day, to process what you have learned at the conference, and to think about next steps for moving forward. This session will be led by Drs. Linda Elder and Gerald Nosich with input from our Visiting Scholars as well.
8. Does the Foundation for Critical Thinking offer on-site or remote professional development programs in critical thinking?Yes, both. You will receive a basic proposal regarding professional development in your registration packet, which explains our programs. Information is also available on our website here .
To communicate with us about our professional development programs, please email Ms. Rachael Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
9. What is your policy on canceling my registration?Please see the policy description on this page .
10. Why are some of the sessions being recorded?
permanently document the sessions for the Foundation for Critical Thinking
archives, (2) to create video footage from the sessions for our website, and (3)
to provide video clips for educational purposes.
| || |